– looking after its members for 45 years
Founded in 1973, the Contract Heat Treatment Association (CHTA) is a trade association representing over 70 UK companies providing subcontract heat treatment services, which equates to 70% of contract processing capacity in Great Britain.
The CHTA was formed to promote the business of heat treatment processes by specialist contractors, as well as upgrading and maintaining industry standards. Affiliated with the Surface Engineering Association (SEA), we are able to bring together membership, resources, technical and industrial expertise to safeguard, as well as advance, our industry.
Promoting contract heat treatment
The CHTA oversees various committees that deal with technical, administrative and publicity matters. We also hold regular seminars and conferences and publish a range of literature which includes the quarterly ‘Hotline’ newsletter and the valuable ‘Buyers Guide to Contract Heat Treatment’ – which is currently in its 10th edition.
Members receive a wealth of benefits, one of which is the inclusion on our online automated search facility for those looking for contract heat treatment providers and facilities. On the CHTA website, we provide downloadable ‘datasheets for non-heat treaters’ to assist in the selection, specification and design for heat treatment processes.
Other benefits include:
- A powerful voice on all matters concerning the industry, especially on legislative changes.
- Promotion of the case for outsourcing.
- Inclusion in the SEA Buyers Guide App..
- Access to the members’ area of this website, which includes CHTA’s “Guidelines to Conditions of Business”.
- Participation in CHTA’s Benchmarking Club. This allows members to compare their performance, anonymously, with that of other members.
- The opportunity to participate in various CHTA committees on matters crucial to our industry.
- Access to SEA publications and services, such as its Business Support Helpline.
- Preferential participation in the Climate Change Agreement scheme for the energy-intensive heat treatment sector, administered by SEA. Participating CHTA members enjoy a substantial reduction of the Climate Change Levy on energy bills.
Speak to one of our team today about CHTA membership
The CHTA represents the majority of subcontract heat treatment companies in the UK and works hard to ensure that its members’ interests are looked after in an ever-changing market. For more information on membership, or if you have any questions regarding the CHTA, please call us on 0121 329 2970 or 0121 237 1123. Alternative you can email us at email@example.com .
Contact the SEA
We are here to help!
If you are interested in joining the Surface Engineering Association or would like some further information about us that you cannot find on our website, then please complete the contact form and we will get back to you.