The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) will be holding a Made for Space conference on 2nd and 3rd May 2019 at Ansty Park in Coventry.
A must attend event for anyone who is involved in the surface engineering sector, this two-day intensive conference will be examining the opportunities and challenges for manufacturing within the global space sector.
Over the two days, a number of international experts and leading manufacturers from both the space and advanced manufacturing sectors will speak on how new manufacturing technologies can help to address the various challenges in producing the next generation of space hardware.
Dedicated presentations for surface engineering
There will be a number of presentations directed at the surface engineering and high performance coatings sector, which include:
• Antimicrobial coatings and applications in space
• Advanced coatings to prevent surface contamination
• High performance thermal control and tribological surfaces
• Photonics in space
• Corrosion resistance performance on laser treated surfaces for space applications
• Advances in Surface Engineering Technologies – Prospect and Opportunities
• Shining light on temperature memory coatings
• Lotus leaf effect on aircraft
• Plasma polishing for complex AM components for space
• New thermal coatings for spacecraft and satellites using metamaterials
• Development of electrically-conducting, corrosion resistant coatings for aluminium alloys in space
The global space industry is an ever-changing sector, with new technologies being developed to enable companies to push the boundaries of space exploration. This event is an ideal opportunity for anyone in the surface engineering sector to understand the complex requirements demanded by the space industry and to discover new manufacturing opportunities.
Spaces are limited, so book your tickets today
Organisers are expecting the take up for this event to be high, so we encourage SEA members and anyone working in the surface engineering industry to book their tickets now to ensure their place at this must-not-miss event. For more information and to book your place, visit http://www.the-mtc.org/event-items/made-for-space.